Arena InformationPlanet Ice Arena
1 Mallard Road
Arena Tel: 01733 260 222
Fax: 01733 261 021
|Penguin Hire||£5.00 [ 60 min ]|
|Ice Skating||[ See Timetable ]|
|Skate Hire Only||£8.20|
* Valid for over 21s only.
Under 21s must pay full admission.
Book your ice this summer for private events, you can also book the ice for groups, birthdays, events. For more information about prices and bookings please contact email@example.com at Planet Ice Peterborough
|Day||Date||Start Time||End Time||Availability|
|Sunday||14th May 2017||20:30:00||22:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||14th May 2017||18:15:00||20:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||21st May 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||21st May 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Monday||22nd May 2017||22:15:00||23:15:00||available|
|Sunday||28th May 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Tuesday||30th May 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||30th May 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||31st May 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Saturday||3rd June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Saturday||3rd June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||available|
|Sunday||4th June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||4th June 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||4th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||4th June 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Tuesday||6th June 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||7th June 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||11th June 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||11th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||11th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||11th June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||14th June 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Saturday||17th June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||available|
|Saturday||17th June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||18th June 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||18th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||18th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||18th June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||21st June 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||25th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||25th June 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||25th June 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||25th June 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||28th June 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Saturday||1st July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Saturday||1st July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||available|
|Sunday||2nd July 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||2nd July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||2nd July 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Tuesday||4th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||4th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||5th July 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Saturday||8th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Saturday||8th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||9th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||9th July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||9th July 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||9th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Tuesday||11th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||11th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||12th July 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Saturday||15th July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||16th July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||16th July 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||16th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||16th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Tuesday||18th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||18th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||19th July 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||23rd July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||23rd July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||23rd July 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||23rd July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Tuesday||25th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||25th July 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||avaliable|
|Wednesday||26th July 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Wednesday||26th July 2017||17:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Wednesday||26th July 2017||17:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Thursday||27th July 2017||17:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Thursday||27th July 2017||17:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Friday||28th July 2017||17:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Friday||28th July 2017||17:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||30th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||30th July 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||30th July 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||30th July 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||1st August 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Wednesday||2nd August 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||6th August 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||6th August 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||6th August 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||6th August 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Tuesday||8th August 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Wednesday||9th August 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||13th August 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||13th August 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||13th August 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Tuesday||15th August 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Wednesday||16th August 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||20th August 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Sunday||20th August 2017||20:45:00||22:45:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||20th August 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||avaliable|
|Sunday||20th August 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||avaliable|
|Tuesday||22nd August 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Wednesday||23rd August 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Saturday||26th August 2017||18:30:00||20:30:00||available|
|Sunday||27th August 2017||16:15:00||18:15:00||available|
|Tuesday||29th August 2017||20:15:00||21:15:00||available|
|Wednesday||30th August 2017||19:30:00||20:30:00||available|
How To Get Here?
- 6 or 20 thirty minute lessons delivered weekly by Skate Excellence & NISA accredited Coaches
- FREE Boot Covers
- FREE Gloves
- FREE Certificate
6 Week Course Costs £60.00To see available dates, time, and book
20 Week Course Costs £180.00To see available dates, time, and book
Adult Skating CoursesAll our Planet Ice rinks make provision for Adults that would
like to learn to skate. We appreciate that some are looking
for a lifestyle change, meet new friends, to keep fit, or simply
brush up on skills you haven't used for years. Whatever
your reason most rink offer tailor made courses where you
can learn amongst people more your own age.
Toddler Skating CoursesWe have Ice Toddler skating classes most weekday's. We take toddlers from 18 months up to 5 years in our specially priced skating session. There are toys and games on the ice that are designed to encourage your little one to show an interest in ice skating. Parents love it because it gives them an opportunity to get out, meet other people in similar circumstances, and get the kids doing activities from an early age.
Disco Sessions - Junior Disco & Sub-Zero
|Start Time||End Time||Without Skates||With Skates|
|Start Time||End Time||Without Skates||With Skates|
Contact UsIf you wish to get in touch with this Planet Ice arena please use the form below.
One of our team will get back to you shortly.
If you want to follow in the blades of those on Dancing on Ice or have a burning (or should that be freezing?) desire to take to the ice for fun, then our top 10 tips for ice skating beginners should be just the ticket to have you skating confidently in no time, rather than skating like Bambi on ice.
- Donít look down when skating - Itís amazing how many people starting out in skating spend all their time looking at their feet rather than in the direction they are going. Instead, keep your head up and look in front of you so at least you can see who or what you are about to collide with!≠≠≠
- Get some good skates - If youíre stepping out for the first time, then hire skates available at most centres will be fine. But if you get the skating bug and decide to take it up, buy a decent pair of skates that will last and most importantly, fit well and provide good support.
- Tie skates the correct way - The right skates for you will not be the correct ones if they are tied incorrectly. Make sure your skates are not too tight or your feet will likely go numb, while having your skates too loose will not provide the proper support for your ankles.
- Warm up for skating slowly Ė Give that skating takes place generally in a cold arena, then your muscles are initially going to be cold. Prior to skating, itís not really wise to just throw your leg over a barrier and start stretching. Stretching in a cold environment can lead to muscle tears, so wrap up well (but not as to restrict your movement) and start with some bend and work up to stretching.
- Get some skating lessons Ė If you really want to master the basics, then taking some lessons is an absolute must. Take a few group lessons which are available at most rinks and for a variety of ages. Also take a friend along, as learning with someone will help you relax on the ice.
- Donít lean backwards when skating Ė Leaning back will likely send you flying on your backside or worse. The best advice is to keep your knees bent and your weight forward. Hold your arms out in front of you and open them wide to help you stay balanced.
- Thereís no stopping you! - Naturally, one of the basics youíll need to know is how to stop. To stop, bend your knees, turn the toes of each foot inwards, point your heels out, and push out on your heels. This will slow you down and bring you to a stop. Now thatís a relief!
- Skate in the correct direction Ė While initially the direction you are skating may not be of your choosing, there is usually a directional rule to follow on the ice, either clockwise or vice-versa. Donít try skating the wrong way round the ice rink as youíll end up hurting others and quite possibly yourself.
- Make use of temporary rinks Ė If you are not fortunate enough to have a skating rink near you, then make the most of temporary ice rinks if one pops up near you. Christmas is a particularly good time to try to visit a temporary ice rink in some major cities, so go along, youíll have a good time, whatever your skating experience.
- Donít take skating too seriously - When you fall down (and be sure you will), have a laugh about it and get right back up on your skates again. Don't take yourself or your skating too seriously, after all, even the best end up on their backside from time to time. Itís even funnier if you do it in style!
So there you have it, some useful ice skating tips to get you started. Remember that proper instruction is important, especially if you are wanting to make the step up to more advanced skating used in figure skating, ice hockey or speed skating. But if you are skating purely for fun, then make sure you actually have fun on the ice, and if the worst comes to the worst, make sure you have a good friend to hang onto.
After School Skating
Penguin ClubCustomer Notice: Please be advised that as of Monday 31st October the penguin club prices for an extra tot will be £4.30 with an ice card and £6.30 without an ice card.
Please be advised that Penguin Club will not run over the festive period, please see dates below.
- Sunday 25th December
- Tuesday 27th December
- Sunday 01st January
- Tuesday 03rd January
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
|Day||Start Time||End Time||Price|
Please Note: We also run a Skate Excellence Learn to skate ICE PENGUIN 6 week lessons for Toddlers. The Learn 2 Skate Ice Penguin program consists of 5 levels, each level is made up of small competencies, which that are the building blocks of skating skills with practice. The early learner skater will become familiar with the lesson format and intern will be able to achieve their individual learning outcome, to encourage progression the ice penguin. CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE