Arena InformationForest Way
Off Fareham Road
Tel: 02392 511 217
Corporate Brochure Ľ
Recover Online Voucher »
Planet Ice Head Office,
Windsor Business Park,
Trent Valley Road,
|Penguin Hire||£3.00 [ 30 min ]|
|Ice Skating||[ See Timetable ]|
|Skate Hire Only||£6.50|
* Valid for over 21's only.
Under 21's must pay full admission.
|Day||Start Time||End Time||Category | Level|
Online ApplicationEach course is available to book online up to a week in advance, please note there is limited number of places available.
Learn to Skate with Skate ExcellenceEach course lasts 6 or 20 weeks and includes the following
- 6 or 20 thirty minute lessons delivered weekly by Skate Excellence & NISA accredited Coaches
- FREE Boot Covers
- FREE Gloves
- FREE Certificate
6 Week Course Costs £60.00To see available dates, time, and book
20 Week Course Costs £180.00To see available dates, time, and book
Adult Skating CoursesAll our Planet Ice rinks make provision for Adults that
would like to learn to skate. We appreciate that some are looking for a lifestyle change, meet new friends, to keep fit, or simply brush up on skills you haven't used for years. Whatever your reason most rink offer tailor made courses where you can learn amongst people more your own age.
Toddler Skating CoursesWe have Ice Toddler skating classes most weekday's. We take toddlers from 18 months up to 5 years in our specially priced skating session. There are toys and games on the ice that are designed to encourage your little one to show an interest in ice skating. Parents love it because it gives them an opportunity to get out, meet other people in similar circumstances, and get the kids doing activities from an early age.
Birthday PartiesPlanet Ice offer 3 different birthday packages; Saver, Premium and Platinum.
Have a special day to remember with us!
Saver - £11Party host is not dedicated with a minimum of 6 guests.
A fantastic ice skating session including; skate hire, 'must have' gifts & vouchers for the party child and guests.
Premium - £14This package includes everything as in 'saver' however also includes a special Planet Ice party dinner for the party child and their guests.
Platinum - £16This package includes everything as in 'saver' and 'premium' but also includes a 30 minute group lesson with a NISA qualified ice skating coach. Minimum of 8 guests required.
Contact UsIf you wish to get in touch with this Planet Ice arena please use the form below.
One of our team will get back to you shortly.
If you want to follow in the blades of those on Dancing on Ice or have a burning (or should that be freezing?) desire to take to the ice for fun, then our top 10 tips for ice skating beginners should be just the ticket to have you skating confidently in no time, rather than skating like Bambi on ice.
- Donít look down when skating - Itís amazing how many people starting out in skating spend all their time looking at their feet rather than in the direction they are going. Instead, keep your head up and look in front of you so at least you can see who or what you are about to collide with!≠≠≠
- Get some good skates - If youíre stepping out for the first time, then hire skates available at most centres will be fine. But if you get the skating bug and decide to take it up, buy a decent pair of skates that will last and most importantly, fit well and provide good support.
- Tie skates the correct way - The right skates for you will not be the correct ones if they are tied incorrectly. Make sure your skates are not too tight or your feet will likely go numb, while having your skates too loose will not provide the proper support for your ankles.
- Warm up for skating slowly Ė Give that skating takes place generally in a cold arena, then your muscles are initially going to be cold. Prior to skating, itís not really wise to just throw your leg over a barrier and start stretching. Stretching in a cold environment can lead to muscle tears, so wrap up well (but not as to restrict your movement) and start with some bend and work up to stretching.
- Get some skating lessons Ė If you really want to master the basics, then taking some lessons is an absolute must. Take a few group lessons which are available at most rinks and for a variety of ages. Also take a friend along, as learning with someone will help you relax on the ice.
- Donít lean backwards when skating Ė Leaning back will likely send you flying on your backside or worse. The best advice is to keep your knees bent and your weight forward. Hold your arms out in front of you and open them wide to help you stay balanced.
- Thereís no stopping you! - Naturally, one of the basics youíll need to know is how to stop. To stop, bend your knees, turn the toes of each foot inwards, point your heels out, and push out on your heels. This will slow you down and bring you to a stop. Now thatís a relief!
- Skate in the correct direction Ė While initially the direction you are skating may not be of your choosing, there is usually a directional rule to follow on the ice, either clockwise or vice-versa. Donít try skating the wrong way round the ice rink as youíll end up hurting others and quite possibly yourself.
- Make use of temporary rinks Ė If you are not fortunate enough to have a skating rink near you, then make the most of temporary ice rinks if one pops up near you. Christmas is a particularly good time to try to visit a temporary ice rink in some major cities, so go along, youíll have a good time, whatever your skating experience.
- Donít take skating too seriously - When you fall down (and be sure you will), have a laugh about it and get right back up on your skates again. Don't take yourself or your skating too seriously, after all, even the best end up on their backside from time to time. Itís even funnier if you do it in style!
So there you have it, some useful ice skating tips to get you started. Remember that proper instruction is important, especially if you are wanting to make the step up to more advanced skating used in figure skating, ice hockey or speed skating. But if you are skating purely for fun, then make sure you actually have fun on the ice, and if the worst comes to the worst, make sure you have a good friend to hang onto.
After School Skating
Parent & Toddler
|Family of 3||£20.40|
|Family of 4||£27.20|
|Family of 5||£34.00|
* There must be at least one adult (16+) to qualify for family prices. Hire included.
These Family Prices are for ICE CARD Holders only. Non Ice Card Holders are subject to an £1.50 charge per person from December 1st 2013.
Meal DealPublic session Skating plus a choice of a Hot Dog, Burger, Veggie Burger, Fries and a drink. £12.00 Per Person*
* Price for ICE Card holders only and includes skate hire.